As we get near the end of the Acts of the Apostles, we learn more about the shipwreck that Paul experiences (2 Cor 11:25; Acts 27). Even though Paul is held bound as a prisoner, it seems he feels like part of the team to make sure they have safe voyage. Paul does nothing to escape injustice. He has visitors who tell him that everyone will be safe on the ship. Continue reading
Meet your friends! Enjoy great food! Support a worthy cause by attending the Presence St Joseph Auxiliary Annual Spring Luncheon on Tuesday, April 24 from 11:00am to 1:00pm at St Thomas Aquinas Church, 1400 Kiwanis Dr., Freeport, IL.
Tickets are $9.00 and will be sold at the door. Carry-outs will be available. Thank you for your support!
Aquin PAWS Accepting Supplies for Birthing Kits for Haiti Aquin PAWS is again preparing to assemble newborn kits for the babies in Haiti. The kits will be assembled in late April. We are in need of the following donations: 2 receiving blankets, 15 baby gowns (no feet), 24 pairs of baby socks, 60 cloth diapers, 5 housecoats for the moms (size medium or large), 24 bath-size bar soaps, and 48 diaper pins. Items should be new or gently used. Your donation can be brought to Aquin’s Student Office at 1419 South Galena during regular school hours. Please call Connie at 815-2353154 x 230 if you have any questions. Thank you for your support.
Are you hurting? Do you need quiet reflection time? Time alone with Jesus?
Join us for an hour of Eucharistic Adoration with a healing service on Friday, April 6, at 5:00pm in St Mary Church.
Thursday Evening Mass
- in St Joseph at 5:30pm
- in St Mary Church at 7pm in Spanish
Good Friday Services
- Veneration of the Cross in St Mary Church at 12:10pm
- St Mary Youth Living Stations of the cross on St Mary grounds (Outside) at 2pm
- Passion of the Christ viewing in the Holy Family Community Center at 3pm
- Veneration of the Cross in St Mary Church at 7pm in Spanish
- 4 pm Vigil Mass in St Joseph Church
- 7pm Vigil Mass in St Mary Church in Spanish
- 8am Sunday in St Mary Church
- 10:30am Sunday Mass in St Joseph Church
- 1pm Sunday Mass in St Mary Church in Spanish
Holy Thursday Collection Two years ago, we began a tradition of giving the Holy Thursday collection to a family or organization in need of assistance. The recipients for the past two years have been the Dailey & Kornfeind families. This year’s recipient will be the Hope for Haitians project. Thank you for your kindness!