Adult Education, Getting to Know Jesus More
This page is set up to help you educate yourself on our faith in areas of prayer and teachings. It is always important to grow in our understanding of our faith. As Catholics, we do not pick and choose what we want to believe. Rather, we come to discover a truth that exists outside of us and want to discover more of that reality. If a scientist discovers a truth about biology, they just proclaim that truth. In the same way, Holy Mother Church has many spiritual truths that she has discovered in Jesus Christ and simply proclaims these truths and hopes that you too will rejoice in them.
Here are some suggested books to read.
- Catechism of the Catholic Church
- United States Catholic Catechism for Adults
- Pillar of Fire, pillar of Truth
- Surprised by Truth
- Butler’s Lives of the Saints
- Jesus of Nazareth, by Pope Benedict
Here are some web sites to visit
- 1. http://www.vatican.va/phome_en.htm
- 2. http://www.usccb.org/
- 3. http://www.rockforddiocese.org/
- 4. http://www.newadvent.org/
- 5. http://ewtn.org/
- 6. http://www.priestsforlife.org/index.aspx
- 7. http://www.hli.org/
- 8. http://www.prolifecorner.com/
- 9. http://www.zenit.org/index.php?l=english
- 10. http://observer.rockforddiocese.org/
- 11. http://www.catholic.com/
Here is a link to the NAB Bible on-line.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church is the official teachings of the Church. Here is the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
The lives of the saints are living examples of how others “run the race” (2 Timothy 4:7) and inspires us to “run so as to win” (1 Corinthians 9:24). Here is a link to the lives of the saints.
Here are some resources for Apologetics
This web site can explain some of the teachings a much more in detail. (Link)
Here is a link on what the Church teaches about the Respect-Life Issues.
Here are some Common Catholic Prayers