Please read this entire page and watch the videos before registering at the bottom of this page.
Here at St. Mary and St. Joseph parishes, we are moving Back in His Presence at Mass, adoration, confession, baptism and marriage. We are taking registrations for Masses and adoration now. The forms are at the bottom of the page, but please read through this and watch the videos, as many things are very different at this time.
We are able to accommodate up to 75 people for Mass and adoration. This is good news as we are able more and more to Be in His Presence. This number does not include those who are volunteering to sanitize, greet or help with the liturgy itself. Since the dispensation for attending Mass is given, you will not need to attend Mass on Sundays under the pain of mortal sin. In other words, it is not a mortal sin to miss Mass on Sunday, and you would not need to go to confession if you do miss Mass. Because of the dispensation, I would ask those who can make it to Mass on the weekdays, please sign up for those first in order to make room for those who do not have the opportunity to come during the week. there will be plenty of room during the week in the pews for everybody to attend. Please understand that if you register for a Mass within seven days of your last attendance, and we need room for someone who has not had the opportunity to attend yet, we will give them preference. No one is allowed to attend if they have been diagnosed with COVID, had direct contact with someone with COVID or have had any symptoms of COVID within 14 days of the event. The Diocese of Rockford is highly discouraging people over 65 years of age to attend Mass at this time. Also, if a person has one of the underlying conditions that is set forth by the CDC website they are highly discouraged from attending. If they are both over 65 years of age and have the underlying conditions, you are of the highest percentage of death cases. You are not to come to Mass at this time. I will continue to do live streaming of the Masses for those who are unable to attend at this time. Remember, you are still dispensed from the Sunday obligation.
We are required to have a safety plan, layout, materials and volunteers to make sure that COVID-19 will not be transmitted. For everybody’s safety, you will notice the environment is very different. There are also rules in place for everybody’s safety. These are to be strictly adhered to as given by the diocese. All in attendance must properly wear a mask the entire time in the church. You are to purify your hands when you enter, exit and receive communion. You are to maintain social distancing at all times, except when receiving communion from the priest or deacon. No socializing before or after Mass.
Now that we have events, below you will find links to registration forms to fill out in order to attend a public event. There will be three classifications: Adoration, Mass and Other. Under each classification, there will be a date and time. Click on the date and time that you want to attend and the registration form will pull down for you to fill out. PLEASE PRE-REGISTER AT LEAST ONE DAY BEFORE THE MASS YOU WISH TO ATTEND. After you submit your registration, you should get a confirmation email right away. If you submitted for the wrong time, give a call or email a reply to let Fr. Barr know so he can make adjustments. If you have children or a spouse, each person must fill a registration form out. Volunteers who are working at the event do not need to register, but still need to verify that they do not have COVID-19 for each event.
When you do register for an event, you will need to know some things that are very important.
Before you arrive
You will want to be prepared so there is no confusion and risks are not increased. To make sure everybody remains healthy, please:
1. Check your temperature; if you have one, please stay at home for 14 days.
2. Stay home if you are ill.
3. Make sure you have masks to bring.
4. Make sure you are registered for the event and bring proof of registration if you can.
5. Read this entire page so you know what to expect.
1. Missalettes will not be provided, but My Parish App has a worship aid under the “worship” icon on your smart phone.
2. Let us know how many people who are registered for the event are in your household (each person must be registered independently).
When you get there, you will need to:
1. Put your mask on properly before you enter and keep it on the entire time you are in the building.
2. You will need to come in the front doors of the church marked with the two small cones on top of the stairs. The doors should be propped open.
3. Wait for a greeter to get you checked in and seated.
4. Sanitize your hands at the entryway.
5. Keep social distancing during the entire event.
6. Remain at the spot on the pew marked out for you, except for bathroom runs, communion or other necessities.
7. There will be no collection basket passed, so you can leave donations in a basket near the exits.
During the service
You will need to know that:
* You cannot switch pews.
* There will be no passing the collection basket; instead, there will be a basket at every exit for donations.
* There will be no physical sign of peace.
* Households may be seated together.
* Missalettes will not be provided, but for those with smart phones, they can use the My Parish App for the worship aid under the “Worship” icon.
* There will be marks on the pews that will mark the place to be seated.
* Masks must be worn properly the entire time in the building.
* Keep social distancing of at least 6 feet, especially at communion time.
*Sanitizers will be at every entryway and at each end of the aisles.
* You may exit through any door.
After the service
¨ Please leave without undue delay
¨ No congregating or socializing
¨ Keep masks on until you leave the building
¨ God bless you
Before you attend any Mass, please be sure to watch this ten-minute video.
December 4 Adoration 5:00pm in St Joseph
December 11 Adoration 5:00pm in St Joseph
December 18 Adoration 5:00pm in St Joseph
If you do not need to attend a weekend Mass, please sign up for a weekday Mass so those who work during the week are also able to attend. Also, if you have been to a Mass within 7 days of the event, you may be bumped off in order to allow someone who was not able to attend. If you have COVID-19 or have been in contact with a person with COVID-19 within 14 days of the event you plan on attending, please do not come. The Diocese of Rockford is strongly recommending that anyone over 65 years of age not attend. Those who are considered vulnerable to dying of this virus are not to attend.
December 24 Mass 4:00pm in St Joseph
December 25 Mass 8:00am in St Mary
December 25 Mass 10:30am in St Joseph
December 5 Mass 8:00am in St Joseph
December 5 Mass 4:00pm in St Joseph
December 6 Mass 8:00am in St Mary
December 6 Mass 10:30am in St Joseph
December 7 Mass 8:00am in St Mary
December 8 Mass 8:00am in St Mary
December 9 Mass 9:30am in St Joseph
December 10 Mass 8:00am in St Joseph
December 11 Mass 8:00am in St Joseph
December 12 Mass 8:00am in St Joseph
December 12 Mass 4:00pm in St Joseph
December 13 Mass 8:00am in St Mary
December 13 Mass 10:30am in St Joseph
Other Events: (nothing scheduled yet, i.e. bible studies, talks)