All volunteers and employees of the Rockford Diocese are required to review the “Protecting God’s Children” course annually.
- This is an awareness course meant to educate us on signs of abuse
- This is a vaulable resource to utilize in risk situations
- This is done for the sake of all children under our care, not for malicious purpose
A T T E N T I O N A L L V O L U N T E E R S
Update your Virtus Online Account
All volunteers: are to have an account, and are required to:
1. Log into their Virtus Online account (www.virtus.org)
2. View the Required Documents and Current Training box
3. If the box is RED, it indicates what needs to be updated
4. If the box is GREEN, you are up to date
If you need assistance with your log in information, please reach out to the trained Virtus Site Administrator
(Ann Peters – Phone 815-233-0005 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
THIS MUST BE DONE BY JUNE 15, 2022
What is it like to take the “Protecting God’s Children” Course?
It is important that every employee and volunteer takes this course. We don’t force you to do it just for the fun of it: This is a valuable tool that can help keep our parish a safe environment. Please help us spread positivity, protection, and peace throughout our holy walls.
Reporting and Obervation Resources can be found below;
Reporting Sexual Harassment – Several Options
The choice of how to report an allegation of sexual harassment is a personal one, and these options are not mutually exclusive. You may pursue one or more of the following reporting options:
- Call the State of Illinois Sexual Harassment & Discrimination Helpline
- Report the Incident to Your Employer
- File a Charge with the Illinois Department of Human Rights (IDHR)
- File a Charge with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
Call the State of Illinois Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Helpline
If you or someone you know has experienced or witnessed unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature in the workplace, please call the State of Illinois Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Helpline for assistance. Calls are confidential and can be made anonymously.
Helpline representatives can help callers navigate their numerous reporting options and share additional information related to counseling, legal assistance, and frequently asked questions.
Reporting Sexual Harassment to the IDHR (Contact Information)
To file a charge, call IDHR or visit them online:
1-800-662-3942 | www.ILLINOIS.GOV/DHR
IDHR Offices Locations:
- Chicago. Office: 312-814-6200 | 866-740-3953 (TTY), 100 W Randolph St, Suite 10-100, Chicago, IL 60601
- Springfield. Office: 217-785- 5100 | 866-740-3953 (TTY), 535 W. Jefferson, 1st Floor, Intake Unit, Springfield, IL 62702
- Marion. Office: 618-993-7463 | 217-740-3953 (TTY), 2309 W Main St, Marion, IL 62959
Reporting Sexual Harassment to the U.S. EEOC (Contact Information)
To file a charge, call or visit online:
1-800-669-4000 | www.EEOC.GOV
1-800-669-6820 (TTY for Deaf/Hard of Hearing callers only)
1-844-234-5122 (ASL Video Phone for Deaf/Hard of Hearing callers only)
U.S. EEOC Offices Serving Illinois
- Chicago District Office. JCK Federal Building, 230 S. Dearborn St., Chicago, IL 60604
- St. Louis District Office. Robert A. Young Federal Building, 1222 Spruce St., Rm. 8.100, St. Louis, MO 63103