Begin Confessions with:
1) In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. While making the sign of the cross
2) Bless me Father for I have sinned, it has been _____ (State how long it has been) since my last confession.
3) Tell the sins you want to confess. Mortal Sins must be given in kind (what was done) and number (how many times).
4) Finish with “For all these sins and for the sins I do not remember I ask for penance and absolution.”
5) Listen to the priest as he may give spiritual advice and then give you a penance.
6) Pray the Act of contrition:
O, my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended thee, and I detest all my sins because of thy just punishments; but most of all because I have offended thee, My God, who art all-good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of thy grace, to do my penance, to sin no more, and to avoid the near occasion of sin. Amen.
7) The priest will give absolution (The prayer where your receive God’s mercy) Make the sign of the cross when you hear him say, “… and I absolve you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit”.
8) Tell the priest “thank you”; then you may leave the confessional and make sure you say the penance.