We have the special graces that the very statue of Our Lady of Fatima that Sister Lucia had commissioned to be made will be visiting us. Sister Lucia was one of the three children who saw the Blessed Virgin Mary in 1917 in Fatima, Portugal.
In 1917, the Blessed Virgin Mary appeared to three children asking for prayers for the salvation of souls and that the faithful would turn back to her Son, Jesus. Many miracles have happened since this event, but the miracle most known is the miracle of the sun, when on the day of the vision, during a major downpour, the sky suddenly cleared and everybody’s clothes became instantly dry. The sun started to move around the sky, turning people’s heads as they followed the sun going across the sky. It was seen for many miles around. In fact, the local atheist newspaper carried the story the next day. Tens of thousands were witnesses of this event and many people came back to Jesus that day. The people could not see Our Lady as she appeared in Fatima. So after some years Sister Lucia commissioned an artist to have a statue made. She directed the artist on how to make it so that the statue would look like Our Lady of Fatima appeared. In 1952, Pope Pius XII blessed the statue for the purpose of bringing it on holy pilgrimages throughout the world. So we do not have to come to see the statue, the statue comes to us. This very statue will be here from September 27 in the evening till Sunday, September 30 at 3pm. There will be a very busy schedule and many opportunities for the many graces that come from honoring Our Lady. All are invited to take advantage of this awesome event! Here is the rough outline of the schedule.
- Thursday evening at the Madonna Renewal Center with the Sisters.
- Friday in St Joseph church for Aquin Students
- Friday evening with the Hispanic Prayer Group
- Saturday: 8am Mass followed by adoration and confessions till noon. Presentation will be given at this time.
- Saturday: Wedding in the afternoon, viewing not available to public.
- Saturday: 4pm Mass
- Saturday: After mass private prayer till 9pm in St Joseph church
- Saturday: 9pm Adoration and rosary till midnight
- Sunday: Vigil with Mary (Private Prayer)
- Sunday: 8am Mass in St Mary
- Sunday: 10:30am Mass in St Joseph
- Sunday: 1pm Mass in St Mary till 3pm